2/19/13

These are poems written about 2004/5 by my son. My son is a cancer / stroke patient in his last days. I gladly share a part of my son that many people did not know existed.


Crying Dreams
by Vincent Luebke

Bleeding out your name under my unbeloved pain.
Missing every breath I take.
Skipping pictures through my brain.
Crying from every missed thing.

Painting your soul on my fading screams.

Praying for it not to float away.
Standing on the devil’s wing as I’m trying to dream of the unforgotten days.
Can’t sleep with out seeing your sympathetic graces.
I’m tired of not seeing your pretty faces.


Must be Me
by Vincent Luebke

He’s clawing at the door as he’s lying in his masculine grave.
            Fallen away from the forgotten places.
                        Dropping tears as everyone fades away.
Watching as his ashes are scattered to this day.
            Seeing every dead men’s dreams.
                        Wait one second I see me.
                                    I see my body in the eight-foot grave.
                        Everything I saw must have been my dying soul.


Pinch The Pain As You Fall
by Vincent Luebke

Try to pinch the pain
looking for it to come again
so use to the apathy
beneath the fallen sins
We all know the Devil’s coming again so pinch
the pain and watch your very breath
                  be taken in

Cold air broken threw my skin, death is following
My whiten faces
I stumble into the Devil’s furnaces
The unforgivable sins are inhaled threw
            my lungs everywhere                   I run                       Death
comes, I guess my death will never end

(Note: “threw” is not an error.)


Running Down our Cheek
by Vincent Luebke

Running down our cheek.

Sadness is like Jesus’ cry to God
            and we say Why!             Why     why   me . . .

            Why do we have sadness in our lives
                        it just makes us want to die.

                                    Sadness tastes
                                    like the tears
                                    running down our cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers